We still need approx. $6,000 to reach the final fundraising goal, so any amount you can send is greatly appreciated! Please read below to find out what your contribution will go towards.
Contributing is easy via the University of Nebraska Foundation website for the Jack and Mary Alice (Petie) Snider Fund. Just click the GIVE NOW button.
The Nebraska Bands Program has been at the forefront of performance and pedagogy for more than 140 years. We look forward to a new rehearsal space with technology that will enable us to:
- Link sections of the Cornhusker Marching Band who are now rehearsing in various spaces to enable full ensemble preparation while indoors.
- Share cutting edge rehearsal techniques from our Ensemble Performance Lab with partner ensembles nationwide.
- Engage in virtual side-by-side coaching with young bands that cannot afford a trip to the Lincoln campus.
- Collaborate with composers worldwide to prepare and premiere new works.
- Engage guest artists remotely to share their expertise with our students.
- Capture the work of conducting students and enable concurrent voice-over coaching on video.
The rebuilding of Westbrook Music Building will include a state-of-the-art band rehearsal hall. Jack and Mary Alice Snider left a sizeable amount at the University of Nebraska Foundation earmarked for “costs associated with constructing and equipping the ‘Lentz-Snider’ Hall, Glenn Korff School of Music, Hixson Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.” We need your help to complete the project!
This is a very exciting project that goes way beyond buying chairs and music stands. PLEASE SHARE with other band alumni, friends, family, fans, etc. Remember to ask your employer for a contribution match!
Click the GIVE NOW button when you visit this link: Jack and Mary Alice (Petie) Snider Fund OR if you prefer to go ‘old school,’ you can send a check to:
Jack and Mary Alice (Petie) Snider Fund #01074861
℅ University of Nebraska Foundation
1010 Lincoln Mall, Suite 300
Lincoln, NE 68508
Thank you for your consideration!