The University Libraries will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Archives and Special Collections with a series of presentations.
February 15th is about the history of the Cornhusker Marching Band. All presentations are 1 to 2 p.m. in the Adele Hall Learning Commons in Love Library North.
The presentations will feature a member of the University Archives team available to discuss a topic from university history and answer questions. Each Archives Afternoon will feature photographs, artifacts and documents. Members of the university community are encouraged to stop in at any time during the hour-long chats.
Archives Afternoons will be offered every third Thursday of the month in the spring and fall semesters. Scheduled dates and topics in the series include:
- Jan. 18 — Student organizations
- Feb. 15 — Cornhusker Marching Band
- March 15 — Women in agriculture
- April 19 — Collecting Willa Cather
- August — Date and topic to be announced
- Sept. 20 — Husker athletics
- Oct. 18 — Scrapbooks
- Nov. 15 — Storage media