Online registration closes at midnight on AUGUST 18, 2019. You can register at <<registration closed>>. The deadline was extended to accommodate our alumni who are waiting to hear if their offspring made the cut for the CMB that evening. If you have any questions about the reunion or registration, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our block of football tickets have sold out. You may still be able to purchase tickets online or by phone (800-8-BIGRED) from the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office. You can also purchase tickets via StubHub, the official ticket reseller of Nebraska Athletics.
The halftime show we will be performing will feature moon/rocket songs to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. The Alumni tune is “Moondance” and we will moonwalk. Music and a moonwalk how-to video with song recording will be available at a later date.
The tradition continues with the 2019 Reunion Weekend! Be a part of the halftime experience in Memorial Stadium one more time.
REGISTER BEFORE AUGUST 18, 2019 online at <<registration closed>>. If you prefer a printed registration form or have any questions about the reunion or registration, please email us at email@example.com.
Join us on Friday for two events:
- On Friday, August 30th at 3:30p, you are invited to an open house in the Lentz Room of Love Library South to celebrate the launch of a band history website celebrating 140 years of tradition. One of the highlights will be over 60 videos of the band from as early as the 1920s as well as some of the materials in the UNL Archives and Nebraska Bands collections, such as photographs, bowl game memorabilia, scrapbooks, drill charts, and more. There will be brief remarks and acknowledgements by band director Tony Falcone and band alum/site developer Jessica Dussault. Come and go as it suits your schedule between 3:30-4:30p.
- Our Tailgate and Annual Business meeting is at the Talon Room in downtown Lincoln. You’ll get a recap of our financial status as well as that of our trust funds. This year there will be a vote on two members the Board of Directors as Julie Duensing and Erin Thomas are up for re-election. Every paid member has a vote and a voice at this meeting. You will also hear updates from leadership of the Glenn Korff School of Music and Nebraska Bands. We’ll also hear from one of the UNL Pep Bands.
- Socializing: 6:00 p.m.
- Buffet open: 6:30 p.m.
- Business Meeting: 7:30 p.m.
Saturday is game day!
Check-in is under the tent outside Westbrook Music Building. Check-in will close promptly at the start of the indoor rehearsal. Flags and pit equipment are provided. All others must bring their own instrument. There are a limited number of instruments to rent for the reunion and can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis on the reunion weekend registration form online. View the complete schedule.
- Check-in Begins: 5:30 a.m.
- Indoor Rehearsal: 6:00 a.m.
- Field Rehearsal: 6:30 a.m.
- Final Warm-up: 9:15 a.m.
- Line up WMB: 9:45 a.m.
- Kickoff: 11:00 a.m.
Parking can be reserved in advance through the City of Lincoln Parking Services webpage at parkandgo.org. Since most garages are not staffed so early in the morning, you’ll need to print your receipt and use the installed barcode scanners for the monthly parking to scan the barcode on your receipt to gain entry to the garage.
If you are bringing a guest, we have a very limited number of football tickets in the stands available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are unable to march, you may request two tickets. If you require ADA seating, contact the Nebraska Athletics Ticket Office directly at 402-472-3111.
For complete details, visit our website at nebandalums.org and click on the Reunion Weekend links in the top navigation bar. If you have specific questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are just finalizing details for our 2019 reunion and registration is set to go live at the end of this month! We do have a lot of new details on our website under the “Reunion Weekend” tabs. Check them out!
Changes for this year:
Instead of a post-game party, we are offering a boxed breakfast so you can chat with other band members between rehearsals (and not have to stand in long lines downtown)! This will be pre-pay only, but you may order boxes for yourself and any guests you would like (they don’t have to be in the band!) Coffee and water included.
Our Friday kick off party will be held at the Talon Room at 12th and Q with a similar menu to last year’s event! We hope many of you will be able to join us!
This year, we will offer a block of 30 tickets. Each ticket is $75. Tickets should first be sold to those who are physically unable to march, plus a guest. Alums who are marching on August 31st can purchase ONE ticket for a guest. Thank you for your help with this! Registration opens the first week in July!
To officially belong to the Nebraska Band Alumni Association, you must pay annual dues ($25). Most will pay this at the time they sign up for reunion weekend, but you are welcome to pay dues anytime of the year. Paying dues regularly ensures your membership and voting rights in our organization. Members of the BAA, have one vote on any matter submitted to a vote of the membership during the Annual Business Meeting which is held during the Reunion Weekend. This meeting gives the Board of Directors a chance to update members on various events held throughout the year in support of the University of Nebraska Bands and for current BAA Members.
We also offer life memberships. Dues for this are a one time fee of $500, or it can be made payable in $150 installments over four consecutive years.
If you attend the reunion, there is also a $10 marching fee. This fee covers the cost of the lanyard, name tag, paper/ink, and other materials we would need to provide during reunion weekend.
We are a non-profit organization, and all funds we receive go towards the current marching band! We accept donations anytime of year; there is a “donate now” button to the right of our website/blog.
Registration for our August 30-31, 2019 reunion opens the first week in July!